Concrete saw rental are used to cut varieties of materials such as bricks, marbles, tiles, clay pavers, and various types of concrete materials. When you need to cut the concrete, there are varieties of concrete saw available in market to complete your job. You can get concrete saw by renting from a local dealer near your residence. Concrete saw can be operated by gas, hydraulic, pneumatic, or electrical motors. They range from 5 HP to 100 HP depend upon the size, price and purpose. Cutting depth also may vary according to the applications.
These materials are especially used for joint sawing, floor sawing, wall and column sawing, trenching, road repair, demolition work and plant maintenance. Pneumatic chain cutting saws, hand held concrete saws, and walk behind saws are the different types saws. Determine the following points before choosing specific saw for your job;
- Depth that you need
- Power needed for cutting saw
- Weight of concrete saw
- Dimension of saw
Types of concrete saws;
Hand Held Concrete Saws: These saws are used when quick cutting is needed, and the size and location of penetration is small. Using special saw blade an ordinary circular saw can be changed into circular concrete saw.
Concrete Chain Saws: These types of saws are designed to cut through the wall, column, and floor in a single pass. They can cut straight cuts through concrete up to 14 inches and square cuts through concrete up to 13 inches.
Walk behind Concrete Saw: These saws are used in all types of destruction processes, in removal of deteriorated parts of slabs and bridges, and in trenching application for plumbing and electrical utilities. These types of saw can also used for stairways and elevator opening without causing structural damages.
Renting this equipment makes financial sense for homeowners, and many rental agencies stock concrete saws for rental. Some instruction that you have to consider before choosing the concrete saw rental:
- Research different types of saw before rent so you know you’re getting right one. There are saws are available for cutting floor, pavement and designed to cut vertical and overhead. Knowing the types of tools you need prevent your wasted time or inappropriate rental, although a good rental agent should always make you sure that you have right tools for you cutting job.
- Use your location to find out the power you need to you saw to cut. Gas and Propane concrete saw are portable for outdoor project. Pneumatic, hydraulic and electric saws are especially for indoor use, and hydraulic is recommended for tight space.
- Check the local hardware to determine whether they offer concrete saw rental. Find out the types of saws, power of saws, locations of offers. Then find out the rental cost, condition and policies of rental. Determine the further processes such as training to use, late policy and time of delivery.
- Look the rental stores that have been associated with American Rental Association. At all the stores, a good agent should check with you on your project and needs and able to advise you.
- Choose a concrete saw rental based on cost, flexibility, convenience, and training.
Concrete saw rental are available in differ size and types. These saw are basically operated by gas or oil mixture. But some heavy concrete saws are operated with hydraulic system. Here are some instructions to use concrete saw;
- Snap cutting lines on the concrete to ensure straight and clean cut.
- Check the gas level of the saw. Follow the mixture guidelines when adding fuel to the saw.
- Put on safety goggles, ear protection, a mask, and steel toe shoes for the protection.
- Place saw onto the ground with blade facing away from you and turn to switch ‘ON’ position.
- Holding the saw firmly against the ground. When the saw starts put choke to the ‘run’ position.
- Allow the blade to gently sink into the concrete where the line is sketched.
- Walk forward and always hold the saw with two hands while cutting the concrete.
- Make sure that electrical wire or functioning plumbing in cutting area.
The concrete saw rental is a machine that is used to cut the various types of concrete materials. Before renting the saw you must have proper knowledge about the operation, types, instructions, usages and rental policies. You can find saw rental agencies, forklift rental companies, and stump grinder rental companies near your locality.