Carlton stump grinder is one of the best solutions to remove your tree stumps from your land or garden. Removing tree stump from garden or land is difficult, complicated and frustrating task. Stump grinder provides you a way to reduce the remains of cut down trees to chips of wood. Generally stump grinder is integrated of cutter wheel with steel teeth which grinds the stump away to below ground level.
Stump grinding machine can be renting from local hardware or tool center. Some instruction to use stump grinder are as follows:
- Check the fuel tank to ensure fuel level. Check engine oil and top it off if it is low. Put protection tools such as safety glasses, leather wear, gloves, and some hearing protection before starting stump grinder engine. Roll the stump grinder near to the stumps so the grinding teeth touch the edge of the stump. Set the wheel brake to lock wheel into position and push “ON” button to start stump grinding engine.
- Allow engine to warm up for two minutes if it was in previously cold at idle speed. Tilt the machine back on the locked rear wheels to lift the grinding teeth. Set the choke level to “engage”. When grinding teeth spin up, lower the grinding teeth to the stump and allow chipping stump away.
- Move the stump grinder from side to side lowering it about 1 inch per across until the part of stump has been ground down. Repeat this process, repositioning grinding machine as needed until the stump has been ground down to 4 to 6 inches below from the ground level.
- Clear wood chip from area of stump with a metal rake or shovel in need while you work. Use these wood chips as garden mulch after compositing them.
- Decrease the choke toward the start level when the stump is ground down 4 to 6 inches and allow blade and teeth of stump grinder to stop slowly. Release wheel brake and move away the stump grinding machine to clean wood chip from the area of stump.
- Fill the hole with the soil and cover it with grass seed or sod, or use it as a small flower garden.
Tree stump grinding is a challenging and difficult task than tree repair involving powerful and potentially dangerous equipments that only professionally trained person can use. Here are some points you should have to follow during tree stump removal procedure:
- Choose the proper stump grinder
- Plan the removal
- Protect the area and contain the work
- Wood chip use and/or removal
- Hardwood versus softwood grinding
Here are some instructions to grind tree stumps:
- Use a chainsaw or axe to minimize stump as possible as close to the ground level.
- Clear the area around the stumps of rocks or other solid objects using shovel or spade.
- Start the Carlton stump grinder. Depending on the size and type, this may involve a recoil rope starter or a “Start” button.
- Lift the spinning wheel until it is few inches higher than the stumps. Some grinder have lever to control height if blade.
- Push the stump grinder to the stump. Turn on the blade to get it spinning then lower the blade toward stumps. The machine may have a lever that controls the side to side swing of blade.
- Continue until you have dug down 4 inches below from the ground level. You can go further depending on your plans for the stumps area.
- Lift the blade and move forward the Carlton stump grinder a few inches into the stumps. Continue the side by side motion and grinding the stumps down until you have removed the entire stump to the desired path.
- Turn off the stump grinder. Remove chip from the hole and fill it with soil. Plant tree or grass in that area.
Carlton stump grinder is the way to get rid of tree stump safely, easily, quickly and in low cost. You should have to follow instructions to use machine, to grind tree properly.